grass debian package

Federico Di Gregorio fog at mixadlive.com
Tue Oct 17 11:52:26 EDT 2000

Scavenging the mail folder uncovered Frank Warmerdam's letter:
> Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> > the main problem is that a *lot* of command are linked statically
> > with common code. some times ago i requested help on the grass ml
> > to make grass build shared, but nobody answered...
>
> Federico,
>
> I think this will happen by GRASS 5.1.

that's great. in the meantime anybody wanting to test the debian
package can download it from http://www.debian.org/~fog. sorry
for repeating that but i don't know if my previous mail got through.

i am compiling the 2nd version, with full manpages and a .diff to
let people try building a .deb on other architectures. it will be
uploaded by tomorrw, 12:00 GMT (that's noon, not midnight.) (the
diff is already in place who wants to give it a try?)

next try will be to compile nviz. what else?

ciao,
federico

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog at mixadlive.com
Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org
              All programmers are optimists. -- Frederick P. Brooks, Jr.