GRASS debs finally ready for testing

Lisa Zygo Lisa_Zygo at baylor.edu
Tue Oct 17 15:06:48 EDT 2000

Hi *,

        I finally managed to compile and debianize GRASS. It toke me
a long time and the package is still buggy. You can download it from:

        http://www.debian.org/~fog/grass_4.99b8-1_i386.deb

No apt at now and, please, send bugreports regarding the package
directly
to me and not to the Debian BTS. Know problems:

  1/ the package is too big. how can i split it?
  2/ not everything is included. i still have some compilation
problems...
  3/ manpages not included at now (lost my reformatting scripts...)
  4/ fifos included in the package! (/in /usr/lib/grass5/dev) how much
     work would be to move them to /var? any grass expert out there?
  5/ i386 binary only... diffs and source will follow...
  6/ i am sure you'll find more...

ciao,
federico

p.s. does the moltitude of hardlinks grass creates incide on the package

size? shouldn't tar notice they are hardliks and include them only one
time? i can create then in the postinst if necessary...

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog at mixadlive.com

Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org

  Lord, defend me from my friends; I can account for my enemies.
                                                  -- Charles D'Hericault

Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE System Programmer                           fog at mixadlive.com

Debian GNU/Linux Developer & Italian Press Contact        fog at debian.org

                           Don't dream it. Be it. -- Dr. Frank'n'further