[GRASSLIST:1696] importing dted without using a tape drive

Gerald Buckmaster buckmasterjunior at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 4 00:20:42 EDT 2001

Hello GRASS Users,

I cannot seem to find a modern method to import DTED into GRASS.  I've RTFM but
cannot determine what I'm doing wrong.

I am attempting to bring in DTED Level 1 data from a file on CDROM (not a
tape).  I thought I was successful using r.in.gdal, but the raster displayed
looked nothing like the terrain I'm working in.  It looks more like the side of
a zebra - irregularly striped.

I have looked at the commands r.in.ll, r.in.dted, m.dted.examine,
m.dted.extract, m.rot90, etc.

What basic concept am I missing?

I'm using GRASS v5.0b11, Linux 2.2.13.

TIA

Gerald
Gerald Edward Buckmaster Jr., Editor, Webmaster, Imagery Analyst Imagery
Analysis Support Site - http://www.imagery-analyst.com Imagery Analysis Support
Newsletter - mailto:subscribe at buckoptimized.com