[GRASSLIST:2244] r.resamp.rst and r.resample

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 2 13:47:26 EDT 2001

  I have some DEMs where the e-w and n-s resolutions are 30 meters and I
want to resample them to 10 meter cell size. Reading the man pages for the
two modules suggests to me that r.resample essentially moves the input map
bounds to the current region's bounds and re-writes it to the output map.

  So, it appears that r.resamp.rst will do the job for me. Except, ... I
also need to change the elvation values from 1 meter to 0.1 meter to
accompany the altered cell size. While the output is named 'elev', I read
nothing in the options on the man page that allow me to resample a 1-m
height assigned to a 30 x 30 m cell into 0.1-m heights each assigned to
nine, 10 x 10 m cells.

  The reason this is important is that the area I need to map is covered by
a 3x3 array of DEMs. Six of the nine are already 10 m cells with 0.1 m
elevation resolution while the other three are the lower resolution data.

Thoughts?

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.