[GRASSLIST:2260] Re: r.patch -- problem solved

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Aug 3 13:37:09 EDT 2001

On Fri, 3 Aug 2001, Malcolm Williamson wrote:

> If  you're using the default settings for your graphics monitor, you're only
> getting 32 color levels each for R, G, and B (a total of 32,768 colors). Try
> bumping the "nlev" argument up d.mon up to 64, 128, or even 256 levels.

  That works -- as far as GRASS reporting more colors available when I
restart the monitor. I'm not seeing a greater gradation in the displayed DEM
map. I can specify a background color with the d.rast command, but not a
range of colors.

  r.colors has pre-defined color tables. It appears that 'wave' has the
greatest range of colors. Is this a valid assumption?

Thanks,

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.