[GRASSLIST:2287] Re: Making better use of ~/.grassrc5

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Mon Aug 6 09:26:57 EDT 2001

Rich,

On Sun, Aug 05, 2001 at 04:02:17AM +0100, Glynn Clements wrote:

> Rich Shepard wrote:
>
> > > Yes. $GISBASE/etc/Init.sh uses g.gisenv to insert the contents of
> > > ~/.grassrc5 into the environment used by the shell.
> >
> >   I must have goofed: didn't work for me. I used the syntax:
> > MONITOR_HEIGHT: 600
> > MONITOR_WIDTH: 500
> >
> >   Should I have used '=' rather than ':'?
>
> It only seems to work if GRASS_GUI is "text". Try adding
>
> 	eval `g.gisenv`
>
> at line 331 of $GISBASE/etc/Init.sh.
>
> It seems to work OK, but should probably have some testing.
>
> --
> Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

I am not sure if you are using the proper variables. The env_vars.html at
http://www.geog.uni-hannover.de/grass/gdp/html_grass5/env_vars.html

says:
XDRIVER_HEIGHT
[d.mon]
  defines the height of GRASS monitor

XDRIVER_WIDTH
[d.mon]
  defines the width of GRASS monitor

So far MONITOR_HEIGHT and MONITOR_WIDTH don't exist as far as I know.
Where did you found them referenced?

Maybe above fixes your problem?

Markus