[GRASSLIST:2361] r.profile

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Mon Aug 20 09:16:04 EDT 2001

I am working with the r.profile command, and have gotten it to work for
what I am needed...however, I have a question about it...
is there a way to change the scale??  Ex, I am working with LIDAR data
for both land and ocean, and have heights ranging from -186 to +35...the
scale used gives me that range...however, I do not really care about
anything greater than even -50...is it possible to use a MASK and
"blank" out those depths less than -50??
and secondly, is there a way to get a better picture??  The profiles are
small, and very difficult to read.  I have thought about using the
exported file and drawing a profile using a different program, however
that will become tedious with the number that I am needed to look
at...any suggestions for this??

--
Kevin Slover, Meteorologist/Oceanographer
Tropical Prediction Center/National Hurricane Center

Work: (305) 229-4456 Fax : (305) 553-1264
e-mail:  kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov  kevin.slover at noaa.gov
Web address:  http://www.nhc.noaa.gov