[GRASSLIST:2738] Re: i.rectify and image resolution

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Dec 5 14:34:44 EST 2001

On Wed, Dec 05, 2001 at 03:09:25PM -0300, ulf at mail.zmt.uni-bremen.de wrote:
> Thanks for your answer! Now there is another problem: The rectified
> image seems to be causing problems in the target data set; at least I
> get segmentation faults of d.rast and ps.map. Depending on the actual
> region, the image is printed more or less completely. Do you have any
> suggestions how to track this down?
>
> Thanks, Ulf

Ulf,

I temporarily had this problem: reason was that the file system
was full. Can you do us a favor and retry, and watch the disk
free status?
You may use
watch df -k
for that purpose (if watch is installed on your machine).
Noter, the temp files are stored in the LOCATION, not in /tmp!

Unfortunately i.rectify doesn't send an error if disk full occurs.
But it silently cleans up after finishing - so the user doesn't
realize the problem.

In my case a cleanup of unused stuff helped. However, please try
again before freeing space - this is the chance to track down
the bug/problem (either to confirm above idea or to point out that it is a
different problem).

Thanks in advance,

 Markus

>  > I recall having had problems with option 1 (define smallest area).
>  > I always check the region settings in the target location to ensure
>  > my image does not get truncated.  I will check this out again and
>  > get back to you.
>  >
>  > Charles Beaudry
>  >
>  >
>  >

Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it