[GRASSLIST:1526] Re: r.in.tiff sefault

Markus Neteler neteler at geog.uni-hannover.de
Tue Feb 27 17:38:12 EST 2001

On Tue, Feb 27, 2001 at 01:46:48PM -0300, J. Simon Goodall wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> Having problems with r.in.tiff, got the latest tiff libraries. latest
> grass5.0beta11 and when I run
>
> $r.in.tiff
> Segmentation fault

Sorry to hear that!
Please send some info on your tiff file, using
tiffinfo file.tif

Maybe we get an idea from that.

> Any ideas where the problem lies? via tktclgrass it doesn't work either
> ( with input output options). I'm really wanting r.in.arctiff, it does
> not seem to be around in 5.0beta11, has that been removed?
Yes, because r.in.tiff detects/accepts the tfw file now (r.in.arctiff was
"integrated").

Probably we need you tiff for testing later,

regards

 Markus

--
Markus Neteler *  University of Hannover
Institute of Physical Geography and Landscape Ecology