[GRASSLIST:1336] Grass5.0beta10 start problem

sam at qur.nrl.navy.mil sam at qur.nrl.navy.mil
Thu Jan 4 13:59:38 EST 2001

I have just installed the LINUX binaries for grass5.0beta10 in a shared
team directory (/home/agss/GRASS5.0).  When I send the grass5 command the
first screen comes up ok but when I hit RETURN to continue I get the
following message:

Starting GRASS ...
/home/agss/GRASS5.0/etc/set_data: error in loading shared libraries:
libncurses.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I have been unable to track this file down nor do I have any idea where it
should be.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sandra A. Martinka
Geophysicist, Naval Research Lab
Marine Physics Branch, Code 7420
sam at qur.nrl.navy.mil