[GRASSLIST:2174] Re: metadata?

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Thu Jul 26 18:56:54 EDT 2001

Hi Rich,

some time ago i looked at the metadata scripts. I remember that they are
not very sophisticated and very special for the one institution where
they have been developed.

I have some tcl/tk code that at least procduces _basic_ metadata
listings for grass data in html-format. But this is not in a form to
publish. Please contact me if interested.

cu,

Andreas

Rich Shepard wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Jul 2001, Markus Neteler wrote:
>
> > Ahhh funny... it is already in GRASS 5 code:
> >
> > src/scripts/contrib/metadata/
> > class.metadata  r.meta  source.url  v.meta
> >
> > So just check your GRASS 5 source installation (it is not compiled on default).
>
> Markus,
>
>   r.meta and v.meta are scripts; no compilation needed. I'm going to make at
> least one change in our copy: the r.meta script has vi hard-wired in as the
> editor of the metadata file. I'll change that to invoke the user's editor
> environmental variable.
>
>   I've not looked closely at both r.meta and v.meta, but I have problems
> understanding why there are two separate scripts (and nothing for sites
> data). In my naivety, a single metadata creation script ought to work for
> any data type (which would be specified either in the data file name or
> another entry in the metadata file -- my preference).
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rich
>
> Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
>
>                        Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
>             2404 SW 22nd Street | Troutdale, OR 97060-1247 | U.S.A.
>  + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
>                  Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.

Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange at GMX.net