[GRASSLIST:2175] Re: metadata?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Jul 26 19:04:51 EDT 2001

On Fri, 27 Jul 2001, Andreas Lange wrote:

> some time ago i looked at the metadata scripts. I remember that they are
> not very sophisticated and very special for the one institution where
> they have been developed.

Andreas,

  I've been trying to find the time to look more closely at these files.
After dinner tonight I will.

> I have some tcl/tk code that at least procduces _basic_ metadata
> listings for grass data in html-format. But this is not in a form to
> publish. Please contact me if interested.

  Thank you. But, I'd just as soon do it as a shell script, keeping the
information as ASCII text rather than html. It will be more generic this
way.

  If I make the scripts sufficiently generic, then everyone can easily
modify them to contain the metadata they want to maintain.

Rich

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President

                       Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
 + 1 503-667-4517 (voice) | + 1 503-667-8863 (fax) | rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
                 Making environmentally-responsible mining happen.