[GRASSLIST:2215] Re: problems with grasslinks

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Mon Jul 30 00:25:48 EDT 2001

jun liu wrote:

> $ENV{MAPLP} is not initialized in the whole scripts,
> can it be an input file?

You may need to define it yourself.

> I try to run "p.select ppm 1>/dev/null" directly in
> the grass terminal, and it give two errors: one is for
> "ppm", because only painter "preview, preview2" exist,

You need to move/copy $GISBASE/etc/paint/driver.uninst/ppm to
$GISBASE/etc/paint/driver.sh/ppm in order for the PPM driver to be
recognised.

> another is for "1", it is regarded as a wrong
> parameter.

That's because your shell is "csh" (or a "csh" clone, such as "tcsh"),
while the "1>/dev/null" syntax is for the Bourne shell (which is used
by system() and similar functions).