[GRASSLIST:1947] Re: GRASS 5 environment variables online

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Mon Jun 11 20:46:19 EDT 2001

On Mon, Jun 11, 2001 at 09:00:18PM +0300, ziyadin wrote:
> Hi,
> Where are these variables are defined; in .chsrc or .grass5 or
> .tcltkgrass?  Apart from paths, I do not know what values are set to
> what variable or in what file.  Could somebody tell give me her/his
> source files (.??) so that I can have an example.  Regards, Ziya

$HOME/.grassrc5

Use:  g.gisenv set=VARIABLE=VALUE

It looks goofy with two equals signs, but g.gisenv does dual duty for
getting and setting GRASS environment variables.  If you just specify a
variable name, it defaults to "get" mode.

GRASS ~> g.gisenv GRASS_GUI
text

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>