[GRASSLIST:1994] Re:v.digit and other problem

michele.rocc at libero.it michele.rocc at libero.it
Wed Jun 20 10:31:06 EDT 2001

>Dear friends,

>I work with Grass4.3 and a Mandrake Linux plateform.

>When I launch v.digit I receive the following message: "Can't open file for
read >:/usr/local/grass43/etc/digcap

>Contact your Grass system administrator"

>There is only "digcap.sampl" file in this directory.

>So I try to get some help into the downloaded Grass 4.0 map digitizing
manual (Postscript 53 pages), >unfortunately, the gunzip command refuse to
work and says that the file is not a gzip format ???

>I hope someone can help me.

>Many thanks in advance.

Hi, I had the same problems, nearly in the same sequence and decided to
upgrade to grass5.
Anyway, try to rename digcap.sampl to digcap (mv digcap.sampl digcap).
For the grass digitizing manual, my gunzip didn't work too, don't knows if
it's the file or the program but try to open directly with a ps viever the
file compressed, because of self-extracting you shuld be able to read it.

Ciao,   Michele.