[GRASSLIST:1999] Re: Grass log file?

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Thu Jun 21 03:28:04 EDT 2001

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 09:32:10AM +0300, Mika Siljander wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know is there some kind of log file to
> "collect" all the GRASS command lines I hit with my keyboard.
> like in ARC INFO you can make WATCHFILES

Unix has the command "script".  It'll do what you want.

> if not
>
> is it possible to make some kind of pipe to text file
> which automatically would write to same text file but to the next line
> so it would not owerwrite the previous line

The ">>" redirection appends to the file rather than creating/truncating
it first.

> GRASS$  r.mapcalc  map1 + map2 | > /tmp/textfile.asc

$ cat > /tmp/textfile.asc <<EOF
foo = bar * 3.14159
baz = int (foo * 10)
EOF
$ r.mapcalc < /tmp/textfile.asc

> another question:
>
> I tried to install  GRASS GIS 5.x to MS-Windows (NT and 2000)
> using the CygWin tools. BUT the problem seems to be the new
> Cygwin version cygwin 1.3.2. problem with cygwin1.dll.
>
> so I would like to try install GRASS with the
> older version of cygwin 1.8.1
>
> Do any one know where to dowload the older version of
> cygwin (cygwin 1.8.1)

??  Any free *nix will probably be better than CygWin.

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>