[GRASSLIST:2029] Update-Problem GRASS 5 Beta 8-->GRASS 5.0Pre1

Stefan Rothe sro at gpi.uni-kiel.de
Thu Jun 28 06:50:48 EDT 2001

Hi out there,

I have a (mental?) update-problem. When I copy my Locations
from a machine running with SUSE 6.4 and GRASS 5 Beta 8
to a machine running SUSE 7.2 and GRASS 5.0Pre1
I receive the message "...not a valid GRASS-location"
whenever I try to open it within the new GRASS.

What did I forget, what should I do. Do I need to convert the whole location
somehow?
And do I have to convert all my d.rast-maps due to the UNISYS-patent hassle?

Please help!

worried,

Stefan Rothe

	;-)

|Stefan Rothe         |    Tel: +49-(0)431-880 2883|
|IMAGES Data Manager  |  eMail: sro at gpi.uni-kiel.de|
|       Institut fuer Geowissenschaften            |
|       Christian-Albrechts-Universitaet           |
|       Olshausenstrasse 40,D-24098 Kiel           |