[GRASSLIST:2040] RE: GRASS on FreeBSD

Andrew MacIntyre Andrew.MacIntyre at aba.gov.au
Thu Jun 28 23:51:53 EDT 2001

Well, I just checked the Ports Collection, which lists "grass-5.0b8".
(see http://www.freebsd.org/ports/databases.html)

It appears that binary package building is not enabled for the port.

NOTE: FreeBSD builds many of the ported packages on a build cluster,
with the aim of distributing them on their release CDs, but not all
ports are built into packages, for a variety of reasons.

Andrew MacIntyre                  \ E-mail: andrew.macintyre at aba.gov.au
Planning & Licensing Branch        \ Tel:   +61 2 6256 2812
Australian Broadcasting Authority   \ Fax:  +61 2 6253 3277
-> "These thoughts are mine alone!" <----------------------------------

{...}