[GRASSLIST:1683] Re: GRASS Cygwin Binary Installation problems.

Howard Tan Howard.L.Tan at jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 29 15:17:31 EST 2001

Malcolm

Thanks for the info. But it didn't work.

I looked in '/usr/local/grass5/etc/bin/cmd/'. The directory was completely
empty. I found I had a copy of g.gisenv in 'd:\cygwin\usr\local\grass5\bin'.
I copied the file to '/usr/local/grass5/etc/bin/cmd/'. I tried to start
grass, and I got past the first screen, and where it normally coughs out, it
clear the screen and start to do something on the harddrive. I waited for
about 5 minutes and it didn't finish. I got impatient and closed the window.

I then proceeded to run through the steps you illustrated... After it runs
for about 30 minutes I got the following error:

'd:\cygwin\usr\local\grass5\etc\bin\cmd\g.gisenv: *** couldn't commit memory
for cygwin heap, Win32 error 487'

I'm using a xeon dual proccessor 550, things don't normal take 30 minutes to
load.

I don't know what's wrong. maybe I'll just be patient and wait for the next
release? or does anybody else have another idea?

Howard