[GRASSLIST:1855] Broken pipe in r3.showdspf?

Quim Soler i Subils jsole010 at correu.udg.es
Tue May 22 08:54:53 EDT 2001

Hello everybody,

I've a problem with r3.showdsfp in my grass5beta11, compiled succesfully
(?) from sources on a iMac with Linux.

I use r3.makedspf with the output from s.vol.idw ("prova") to make a
dspf file ("provadspf"). Util here all seems correct.
Then I call r3.showdspf from the console, because I haven't found it in
the graphic menus, in order to display the result. After answering the
questions the console shows all the possible options described in the
html manual of r3.showdspf but no new windows or frames appear with the
pictures I want. And if I attempt to choose any option from the console
a "Broken pipe" message appears and the r3.showdpsf quits dumping core
in my home directory.
The html manual of r3.showdspf says that more windows should appear in
order to show the pictures in 3D. But no windows or frames appear in my
monitor.

Anybody knows what's happening here? I have not found this problem in
the bugs list.
I attach the text from the console.

Another question,
Can I display 3D sites files in GRASS as points?

Thank you very much,

Quim

Laboratori d'Arqueologia
Universitat de Girona