[GRASSLIST:2662] Re: Where to find binaries....

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Wed Nov 14 08:31:19 EST 2001

On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 12:17:01PM +0100, Alpiste wrote:
> Dear all:
>
> I'm looking for the binaries distribution of GRASS for IRIX 6.5. Well, I
> found the other distributions in the mirrors of Italy, France and others
> but IRIX version. I'd like to download the binary package this week, not
> next year.... my connection usually is a good and speed connection, but I
> only found the binary package at the oficial site of Grass, in baylor.edu.
> When I try to download the package my ftp software say me that I'll spend
> 1300 hours to download.. ¡¡MY GOD!!, I can't wait....

Please don't use the grass5.0beta11_IRIX_bin.tar.gz on baylor.edu.
It's pretty outdated, they should remove it...

> Well, anybody can say me where to find the binary package of Grass5 for
> IRIX in Europe, or close to Europe?. I'm living in Spain, south spain...
> and I'm very interested in Grass... I was using Grass for Linux previously,
> it's so difficult for me to use (I'm beggining to think that I'm no so
> intelligent to use this software)....It's just a joke.

Actually the Irix and Linux version are identical considering the
functionality if compiled with identical dependencies.

Whom we need: A volunteer to prepare the Irix binaries. The procedure
is well documented. Unfortunately I don't have such a machine at home,
sorry.

Best regards

 Markus Neteler

> Thanks a lot in advance
>
> Alpiste

> Manuel J. Román Alpiste
> Instituto Andaluz de Ciencias de la Tierra - Universidad de Granada
> Facultad de Ciencias
> Avda. Fuentenueva, S/N
> 18071    Granada (Spain)
> Tlf. Fijo:   958 242374
> Tlf. Móvil: 696 821051
> e-mail:     mjroman at ugr.es

Markus Neteler

ITC-irst, Istituto per la Ricerca Scientifica e Tecnologica
     Project on Predictive Models for the Environment
Via Sommarive, 18        -      38050 Povo (Trento), Italia
tel +39 0461 314 -520 (fax -591)          http://mpa.itc.it