[GRASSLIST:2546] E00 import problem

JWDougherty jwd at softcom.net
Tue Oct 2 22:59:45 EDT 2001

I want to import a vector file from the California GIS project.  The file is
in an e00 format.  Running m.in.e00 runs without reporting an error, but
displaying the resulting map displays a number of overlapping lines that look
more or less like a plate of spaghetti.  The projection is Albers, the datum
is NAD27, and I assume the spheroid is Clark 1866.

Since I have to create a Location for this data, I provided lat-long
boundaries that would enclose the state, but otherwise stuck as close to the
coverage description provided by the state.  Some pointers would be great.

JWDougherty