[GRASSLIST:2380] Re: problems with nviz and the tcl/tk 8.3 libraries

Kevin Slover kjslover at nhc.noaa.gov
Tue Sep 4 08:27:57 EDT 2001

Ivan,
I had the same problem a little while ago when I had reinstalled the latest
version of GRASS5.  First, when searching for my libtk8.3.so.1 libraries, I
never had them, I only had the libtk8.3.so library.  Reading the archived
GRASSLIST, I discovered that this was the proper library (libtk8.3.so) and
simply soft linked the two.  It worked for me, and I have no crashes as a
result... being new to the LINUX world and all, I was not sure in which
directory it was looking, so I made sure that it was linked in every instance,
such that I had it in /usr/local/lib ; /usr/local and /lib ...this might be an
overkill of the situation, but it worked for me..
hope this helps, and if any problems, let me know...I am running RH7.1 and have
it working wonderfully at this point in time...