[GRASSLIST:2445] Re: Grass5pre2. Compilation problem on RedHat 7.1

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Tue Sep 18 07:24:37 EDT 2001

On Tue, Sep 18, 2001 at 12:48:36PM +0200, Daniel Tourde wrote:
> Hi!
>

> > please change to
> > src/libes/gis/
> >
> > and run
> > gmake5
>
> I don't have any gmake5 on src/libes/gis/ (I have it nowhere in fact)

Sorry: unless you did not run "make install" (not possible for you in the
moment), run

bin.i686-pc-linux-gnu/gmake5

which exists in your grass5 source directory (the name may differ depending
on the architecture). This is documented in the INSTALL file.

> > Please send the error message appearing (if it is flate.c, set the path to
> > zlib includes for "configure" and retry).

The bug I have seen in your other mail tells me that "zlib.h" is not
found. Please use the related configure parameter to tell GRASS where
to find zlib.h.

> According to the errors I found looking at the compilation messages,
> something is weird with flate.c.
> I will try to recompile with zlib but it seems that I need fftw.h and I
> don't have this file (I have several ones that look like "cousin" of it
> but not fftw.h)

No need to recompile zlib.

> [root at brest root]# locate fftw.h
> /usr/include/dfftw.h
> /usr/include/drfftw.h
> /usr/include/sfftw.h
> /usr/include/srfftw.h

you should have:
/usr/local/include/fftw.h
(or that file in another place).

> > BTW: I am also running RedHat 7.1, but don't have these problems. Did you
> > customize anything special?
>
> Nope!

Sorry for all your problems, but up to know all will be resolved with
specifying the path during the "configure" run.

You will finally manage, I am sure :-)

 Markus