[GRASSLIST:4217] Compile problem - newbie

Daniel Victoria daniel_victoria at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 5 15:43:56 EDT 2002

It's the first time I tried to compile Grass5pre5 and
things were going well until I got the followin
message at the end of make:
GRASS GIS compilation log
-------------------------
Start of compilation: Mon Aug  5 15:51:11 BRT 2002
Errors:
Compilation error in module: src/libes/edit (ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/general/init
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/general/g.region
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/mapdev/v.reclass
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.reclass
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.support
(ignored)
Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.weight
(ignored)
End of compilation:   Mon Aug  5 16:17:07 BRT 2002
DONE generating GRASS GIS binary code

After that I ran make install and grass didn't work
because of the .gislock5 error (it seems to be a
popular error from what I found in the searchable
archives)

Any sugestions on how to get everything running. I ran
./configure without gb, postgres and odbc

thanks

Daniel