[GRASSLIST:5212] Re: g.region help

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Tue Dec 10 22:57:17 EST 2002

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 01:07:57PM -0500, Kevin Slover wrote:
> I am having a bit of a dilemma, and I am sure there is any easy way to
> resolve it...I hope...
>
> I am currently importing what will soon be 4000+ arcview grid files
> using the r.in.arc command.  However, the raster produced encompases the
> entire pre-set region.  Is it possible to set the region via the input
> file?  I know there is a g.region rast=<filename>, but the raster must
> already be present...Any ideas?

AFAIK, r.in.arc was written for Arc/Info ASCII grids as exported via
gridascii.  The reported behavior doesn't sound right as the program
reads the header of the input file, sets the region using this info,
and then opens the output raster.  Perhaps the header entries are bogus?

Recognized labels: ncols, nrows, xllcorner, yllcorner, cellsize,
nodata_value (case doesn't matter).

Are you sure the imported raster actually encompasses the whole region?

--
"...the plural of anecdote is [not?] data."  - attrib. to George Stigler