[GRASSLIST:3066] Re: Merging 4 rasters 1 bit tiffs.

Emile Snyder esnyder at whitesalmon.net
Fri Feb 1 15:58:41 EST 2002

I am pretty new, so this might not be the best way to do it, but I recently
figured out a method that worked for me.  I also had 4 tiffs (USGS topo maps
of 4 adjacent regions.)  If the maps go right up to the edges of the images,
I think all you should have to do is

r.patch input=map1,map2,map3,map4 output=fullmap

The tiff images I was using had whitespace in them though, and so I used
r.in.poly on text files I wrote specifying the whitespace areas for the
different maps, then used various combinations of r.mask and r.patch to
successively build up various intermediate raster maps until I had one with
all four maps on one layer without their intervening white regions mucking
things up.

luck,
-emile