[GRASSLIST:3201] Re: s.ou.ascii terminates in 5.0.pre2

Al Green ihatejunkyabastards at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 24 03:14:47 EST 2002

> If I want to convert a raster map to an ascii table with X Y Z,
> s.out.ascii is suddebly killed. I use the following command:
> s.out.ascii -d sites=landuse.dat > ~/landuse.txt
> But suddenly the swap is filled up and the program terminates.
> Any suggestions or ideas how to solve this problem?

I had the same problem recently.

Solution: install Grass on the guy across the halls brand new machine with
3 times the memory and 4 times the processing power that my machine has.
Made it all the way though without getting killed.

Well, it worked for me.

Or a better way, I figured out after that mess, was to just copy out the
file from the site_lists directory. It's already in ascii format. Search &
replace the deliminators with a text editor strong enough to deal with a
file that size and you're done.

g'luck.