[GRASSLIST:3222] Missing 'output' in d.his (& d.shadedmap)

Karine ZUERCHER kzuerch at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 26 04:16:11 EST 2002

Hello everyone,

Until Grass5beta11, I used to create shaded maps with d.shadedmap tcltk
module, but with grass5.0.0pre3 I realized I could no longer write an output
map. In fact it is the d.his module that no longer has an optional output
option.

It was very handy to have, and since D_cell is only 8bit colors, I guess
the only way to get nice shaded maps is to export through the PNG driver and
reimport into grass, or everytime use d.his (which is well slower than a
simple d.rast...). Am I right there, or did I miss another way to create
shaded maps?

Would it not be convenient to leave the optional output to d.his? Leave more
possibilities open...

Thanx in advance for your help.
In Kindness

Karine