[GRASSLIST:2908] Re: Solaris and Irix binaries

Andreas Lange Andreas.Lange at Rhein-Main.de
Wed Jan 16 07:14:24 EST 2002

Hi Alejandro,

Alejandro Hinojosa wrote:

> I've checked for the precompiled binaries for irix an solaris but  there
> are none at grass.itc.it
> Are they not longer supported and  should  start compiling?

The current source from the CVS repository is known to compile on IRIX,
Solaris 7/8 SPARC and i386 among the other platforms.
We plan to release a new GRASS version (pre3) in the next time, then we
will try to provide binaries for those systems.
If you need GRASS urgently, you should compile yourself.

HTH,

Andreas

url: http://mitglied.tripod.de/AndreasLange
mail: Andreas.Lange_at_Rhein-Main.de - A.C.Lange_at_GMX.net