[GRASSLIST:4107] Re: r.in.gdal question

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jul 19 12:53:52 EDT 2002

Kevin Slover wrote:

> Is there a way to check if you are installing with the "with-gdal" option??

I don't understand the question.

> I have ran configure with pre5 as follows:
>
> ./configure --without-postgres --without-fftw --with-gdal
>
> Looks correct??

This will cause r.in.gdal to be linked against libgdal, rather than
installed in order for r.in.gdal to compile.

Without the --with-gdal switch, r.in.gdal will compile even if GDAL
isn't installed. You still need libgdal to be able to run r.in.gdal,
though. Also, this only works on systems which support dlopen() (e.g.
not Cygwin).