[GRASSLIST:3918] Re: install grass5.0.0pre4 from source under FreeBSD4.4

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Thu Jun 20 10:10:38 EDT 2002

Jeff D. Hamann wrote:

> so I started using the --without switches and so far none of the packages
> are working in the ./configure file.
>
> lummox#
> ./configure --without-dbm --without-jpeg --without-tiff --without-png --with
> out-gd
> and on and on and on....
>

> checking whether to use PNG... no
> checking whether to use GD... no
> checking whether to use Tcl/Tk... yes
> checking for location of Tcl/Tk includes...
> checking for tcl.h... no
> configure: error: *** Unable to locate Tcl includes.
> lummox#
>
> I have most of of the default=yes packages and they all seem to fail...
>
> Is there a path/environment variable I need to set?

Looking at the file "config.log" may provide some clues as to why all
of these checks are failing.

Note that config.log will always contain some "error" messages even
when everything works; look for a consistent pattern.

If the problem isn't obvious, send me (not the list) your config.log
file (preferably gzip'd).