[GRASSLIST:3387] r.mapcalc reduces my raster map to 255 cats

Ben Logan ben at wblogan.net
Tue Mar 26 08:09:47 EST 2002

I have some DEMs with 30 meter resolution, and the elevation values
appear to be in feet instead of meters like the 10 meter res DEMs.  It
looked like I could convert the feet to meters with r.mapcalc, so I
ran it with

elev=elev30/3.28

as the expression.  It suceeded, but r.info says that my new map
(elev) only has 255 categories.  The original (elev30) had 2441.  It
seems to me that I should have the same number of categories...am I
missing something?

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Logan: ben at wblogan dot net
OpenPGP Key KeyID: A1ADD1F0

"It is hard to overstate the debt that we owe to men and women of genius."
-- Robert G. Ingersoll