[GRASSLIST:3681] Re: Error in g.setproj for State Plane projection

Eric G. Miller egm2 at jps.net
Fri May 17 11:57:53 EDT 2002

On Fri, May 17, 2002 at 08:48:38AM -0600, Robert Stein wrote:
> Hello,
>
>     I am having some problems defining a state plane projection in
>     grass5.0 using g.setproj here are the results that I'm seeing I
>     give the following parameters to g.setproj
>
> Projection name: stp
> Ellipsoid name: clark66
> Datum: nad27
> FIPS State Code: 18 (IN)
> FIPS County Code: 97 (Marion)
>
> When I get to the end of specifying these parameters... I get...
>
> ERROR: This should not happen see your system admin
>
> Any ideas?  Help would be greatly appreciated... if this can't be
> solved then suggestions on converting State Plane to something else
> that grass can read would also be welcome :)

Seems to be a problem in reading the state plane parameters.  Did
something corrupt grass5/etc/state27?  If you know the parameters for
the zone in question, you can just specify them directly (though, GRASS
won't know it's state plane then, but that shouldn't matter much).

--
Eric G. Miller <egm2 at jps.net>