[GRASSLIST:3744] Re: d.zoom question

Markus Neteler neteler at itc.it
Fri May 24 11:36:11 EDT 2002

Kevin,

On Fri, May 24, 2002 at 11:18:16AM -0400, Kevin Slover wrote:
> I just downloaded and installed the pre4 version from the most recent CVS.
> For the first time when installing grass, I get an error message while doing
> make install.  It is as follows:
>
> test -d /usr/local/grass/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu/locale && /bin/sh -c "cd
> /usr/local/grass/dist.i686-pc-linux-gnu ; tar cBf - locale | (cd
> /usr/local/grass5 ; tar xBf - ) 2>/dev/null ; true"
> make[1]: *** [real-install] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/grass'
> make: *** [install] Error 2

today I have submitted a fix to CVS to solve this problem (I hope you
downloaded earlier, otherwise my fix doesn't work).
To get it, run
cd grass5src/
cvs up src/CMD

Then
 make
 make install

A nasty bug - I agree. As soon it is sorted out and a second one concerning
[rvs].proj which expect to see a datum/ellips definition in the PROJ_INFO
file, we'll release pre5. However, for you it will be more convenient then
just to upgrade from CVS rather than de-installing/installing from scratch.

> It appeared to install some of the functions.  I tried using tcltkgrass, and
> it worked fine.  However, I experiences the same problem as H. Bowman.  I
> brought up a vector file, and used d.zoom.  It allowed me to zoom, however,
> came up with a blank screen.  I quit d.zoom, and tried to restart.  This
> time, it tells me that I need a raster file.   Any thoughts??

We'll investigate that.

> I have not tried any of the other functions with pre4 after the failed
> install.  I guess I will revert back to my original installation of pre3,
> since I am using GRASS on a daily basis.
Please give it a final try (see above) :-)

Thanks,

 Markus Neteler