[GRASSLIST:950] Re: unable to locate postgresql includeds

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Wed Aug 13 20:28:11 EDT 2003

stef wrote:

> I read the june 2002 reply to Mr. Bonk from Mr.
> Clements and still have had no luck with this problem
> of finding the header files for libpq-fe.
>
> I have checked the config log but I have no clue..I
> just see several files missing.  I have attached the
> portion of the log for any insight and suggestion/s
> you may have.

> configure:8902: checking for location of PostgreSQL includes
> configure:8928: checking for libpq-fe.h
> configure:8936: gcc -E   conftest.c >/dev/null 2>conftest.out
> configure:8932:22: libpq-fe.h: No such file or directory

I note that there are no -I switches in the command, which means that
you didn't use --with-postgres-includes=.... You almost always need to
use this switch, as distribution vendors usually put the PostgreSQL
headers in their own directory. Likely candidates are
/usr/include/psql, /usr/include/pgsql and /usr/include/postgresql.