[GRASSLIST:961] odbc drivers, no sql.h --read the archives--help

stef sepd2003 at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 16 21:27:02 EDT 2003

Hello,
Hopefully one last question about my compiling
problems..the sql.h files, and there absence.  Whne I
run the ./compile it stops at the ODBC library and
complains that there is no sql.h file.  I have looked
for this file by running find -name sql.h and
variations with wild cards-- there is no sql.h file.

I looked at the previous message logs regarding the
sql.h files and there was some discussion about making
it optional--
1) is this plausible
2) how do I do this
3) what effects will this have on my work
4) I noticed a new iso grass image on the website
(placed Aug 8 2003) if I burn this will that
circumnavigate my compiling problems?

I am running redhat 8 and completed all the patches
and uploads..I have kde and now my infamous odbc
drivers are tormenting me...I see them in the
kde/share files, ./etc/odbc.ini,
/user/local/grass5/driver/db/odbc (this is from my

I then tried:
ODBC-Grass5 install instructions and did not find the
$GISBASE/driver/db/odbc --it stated no such file or
directory (yes this conflicts with the above
/user/local..odbc) so I tried to compile the
grass5.0.2/src/libes/dbmi/drivers/odbc on its own--
the error message says it wants the sql.h file..

I then tried:
I then reinstalled the postgresql and had success
until it came to the last tests which stated "could
not connect to server: No such file or directory
connections on Unix domain socket "/tmp/.s.PGSQL.5432"
"?  This may have to do with the lack of ODBC
drivers..

Any help is always appreciated.
Thanks.
Stef