[GRASSLIST:1038] r.in.gdal installation

Wed Aug 27 10:37:06 EDT 2003

Hello,

quite a while ago I installed the source code of 5.0.2 but unfortunately
without r.in.gdal. Now I want to install this module and followed the
instruction on the grass site:

Installing single modules from source:

The "configure" process creates two scripts (after "make install"
these scripts will be stored in /usr/local/bin/ if not having used
configure's option "--with-bindir")

   gmake5
   gmake5 -i
   gmakelinks5 -i

Use script "gmake5" to compile single modules locally, run
"gmakelinks5" afterwards to set internal links for the new module.
The "-i" flag will install them into target directory, so that no
further "make install" is required.

but I get the following prompt

oggi at wz3x64:/usr/local/bin> gmake5
/usr/local/bin/gmake5: line 9:
/home/oggi/GRASS/GRASS_502/grass5.0.2/src/CMD/generic/gmake.sh: No such file
or directory
oggi at wz3x64:/usr/local/bin>

this folder has been deleted during my last clean-up session :-(  would this
problem be solved if I download the source again and extract it in the same
path? or did grass modify these files during installation?
and when do I tell grass to install r.in.gdal?

thanks for your help, cheers Martin