[GRASSLIST:1058] Site/vector colors symbols

Brent Wood b.wood at niwa.co.nz
Wed Aug 27 22:35:00 EDT 2003

Is there any wat to have GRASS plot vector maps with colours assigned by
attribute, instead of one colour for the map?

While v.extract can be used to break a vector map into new sub-maps which
can them be plotted in specified colours, I'd like to be able to assign
colours as for rasters, so vectors can be coloured by category or
attribute. My current interest is in being able to use the same colormap
for contours as are assigned to the raster map the contours are derived
from.

Is there a simple way to assign a color palette to a GRASS vector map?