[GRASSLIST:1071] Grass and mapserver question

Ling-Yen Liao lyl209 at nyu.edu
Fri Aug 29 10:09:42 EDT 2003

Hi,

I use GRASS 5.0.2 and Mapserver 3.6.6, and I am trying to make a connection between GRASS and Mapserver. I downloaded the DEMO 1 from
http://grass.itc.it/start.html
and everything was fine except the soils map.

Thus I tried to write a very small map file:
---------------------------------------
name grsmap
extent 590000 4914000 609000 4928000
size 500 500
shapepath "/var/www/html/spearfish"

layer
  name "grsmap"
  data "elevation.tif"
  status default
  type raster
end
end
and it was ok, but after I changed 2 places:
  shapepath "/data/grassdata/spearfish"
  data "PERMANENT/cellhs/soils"
and ran mapserv, it showed
msDrawRaster():Image handliing error. Unrecognized or unsupported image format.

Is it because the data in my grass database is not 8 bit format? if so, how could I fix this?
Thank you...

Lingyen