[GRASSLIST:2104] RE: Streching the values in colortable (ps.map)

Miha STAUT mihastaut at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 21 10:24:28 EST 2003

>Hi grassers,
>
>another question about colortable: is it somehow possible to 'stretch' the
>values used for showing the colortable? i.e, if I have values up to 958, it
>would look better to have a colortable up to 1000 (I have used r.colors to
>define colors up to 1000) Another problem is that I am making a number of
>maps to depict a time evolution, using r.colors, I have got the same color
>scale on all of them, but the legends made by colortable are different due
>various value ranges. I could of cource make two cells outside the scope
>with
>the min and max values that I would like to have, but are there any other,
>less kludgy, ways?
>
>Morten
>
>(Of cource, I know that to both my questions an answer is 'this is open
>source, go on write it' I would love to if I belived I could manage...)

Maybe it is better that you edit the color table file maually. Look under
"colr" folder in your current mapset. The file with the same name as your
raster has your color table definition. Just copy the file and give to the
new ones the same names as the other rasters of interest (your time
evolution rasters).

Miha Staut