[GRASSLIST:5585] Re: GRASS 5.0.1 compilation issues

Wayne Gibson gibson at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 17 12:07:34 EST 2003

I have all the required libraries installed (tiff, png, gd, ...).  Sounds like
there may be library path issues.

Running d.where also had some troubles.  When I issued the command, an endless
stream of coordinate were displayed until I made the 1st mouse click.  Then the
command worked as it should (1 pair of coordinates per mouse click).

I'm going to recompile and write out the make output to a file.

Wayne Gibson

>From: Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>
>To: grasslist at baylor.edu
>Subject: [GRASSLIST:5568] Re: GRASS 5.0.1 compilation issues
>

>Andreas Lange wrote:
>
>> > I'm attempting to compile GRASS 5.0.1 on a SunBlade 1000.  There are quite
a few
>> > "failed" messages in the config.log file.  I assume that is normal.  When I
>> > "make" the package, the only errors written to "error.log" are
>> >
>> > Compilation error in module: src/raster/r.tiff (ignored)
>> > Compilation error in module: src/display/devices/PNGdriver (ignored)
>>
>> You need to install tiff and png packages (from www.sunfreeware.com) for
>> the required libraries.
>
>He didn't report an error regarding r.{in,out}.png, so I suspect that
>he has the PNG libraries, and it's the lack of the GD library which is
>causing PNGdriver to fail.
>
>--
>Glynn Clements <glynn.clements at virgin.net>

Wayne Gibson