[GRASSLIST:5655] arrow keys not working

Wayne Gibson gibson at coas.oregonstate.edu
Mon Feb 24 12:59:38 EST 2003

After compiling on a SUN, the cursor keys are not working in the window where
the user interactively can set LOCATION, MAPSET, and DATABASE.  I believe this
is generated from "etc/set_data".  By the way, this is the same program that
experienced compiling problems before due to the curses library and since fixed
(at least I thought so).

After I enter <ESC><ENTER> and proceed to working in the GRASS terminal window,
then the cursor keys start working again.

As directed in an earlier discussion, the "TERMLIB" variable was commented out
in "src/CMD/head/head", and I'm using the ncurses library.

In the .grassrc5 file the setting for term is

	TERM: xterm

I've also tried a variety of other terminals available (xterm-sun, xterms-sun,
xterm-vt220, ...) but nothing works right in the "set_data" window.

Thanks,

Wayne Gibson

Wayne Gibson
Oregon State University