[GRASSLIST:5687] Re: d.mon stop=CELL and Mac OSX

Nick Cahill ndcahill at facstaff.wisc.edu
Thu Feb 27 12:46:21 EST 2003

I have used ps.map successfully under Mac OSX, but using XDarwin rather
than Apple's X11 software. I used the ps.map GUI interface, which
allows you to specify an output file, a script file, etc. Is it
possible that your script file is saved using Mac line breaks rather
than Unix line breaks? GRASS might not read that file successfully; it
has to use Unix line breaks. This is a weakness of OSX which I haven't
seen Apple address -- the Unix part of the system uses one characters
for returns, while the Mac part uses another. BBEdit (including the
Lite version) will open & save in both, and is useful for writing text
files; or you can use vi or emacs or something. Probably you know all
about that; it screwed me up for a while, though.

r.out.tiff also works for me; you might have to rescale your raster map
to categories from 1-255, though.

In general I haven't had any problems exporting maps from GRASS.

HTH,

Nick Cahill
Dept. of Art History
Univ. of Wisconsin; and