[GRASSLIST:5328] Re: Compiling grass5.0.0

Glynn Clements glynn.clements at virgin.net
Fri Jan 17 22:32:56 EST 2003

Piero Cavalieri wrote:

> > > Is the problem gcc3 and should I revert to  gcc 2.98?
> >
> > There are a few problems with gcc 3, primarily related to the fact
> > that it seems to default to C99. The result is that files which define
> > a function called round() fail to compile. However, most of GRASS5
> > should still compile...
>
> ...yes it is (on  grass5.0.0pre4). I  tried with gcc3.2  and I had
> 'only' these compile errors:
>
>  GRASS GIS compilation log
> -------------------------
> Start of compilation: Fri Jan 17 11:05:50 CET 2003
> Errors:
> Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.class (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.ortho.photo (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.points (ignored)
> Compilation error in module: src/imagery/i.vpoints (ignored)
> End of compilation:   Fri Jan 17 11:19:29 CET 2003
> DONE generating GRASS GIS binary code
>
> If I remember I had these, also with gcc2.96.

These aren't the problems to which I was referring; the round() errors
were in:

	src/display/d.zoom/cmd/set.c
	src/imagery/i.pca/cmd/main.c

I don't recall any specific problems with the above modules; I would
need to see the actual error messages to determine what was wrong. But
then a lot changed between -pre4 and the 5.0.0 release.