[GRASSLIST:5413] please help me generate an adjaceny list

Jeff D. Hamann jeff_hamann at hamanndonald.com
Fri Jan 31 02:04:48 EST 2003

Help! I'm in dire need of an adjacency list for a polygon layer. I haven't
been successful in getting GRASS to compile (under cygwin) and have never
tried to add a command to GRASS. I *need* to generate an adjaceny file for
a project that builds a list of which polygons are next to which polygons
for all the polygons in a layer (liek the arcinfo palinfo command). Is
there a way to do this using one of the output files (v.out.arc?) and a
script? I've never asked anything in a frantic way like this, but I need
to generate the file in short order or suffer a weekend or converting all
my GRASS work to arcinfo. Please, think of the children.

OR

can someone point me in the right direction to adding a GRASS module?

Thanks for listening,
Jeff.