[GRASSLIST:826] Question on v.digit and coasts

Kurt Springs ferret_bard at mac.com
Sat Jul 26 20:10:06 EDT 2003

Hi Folks,

I've been using v.digit to close open areas of bodies of water (lakes and
coasts).  I thought I had I good idea, but it appears to have not worked.
Thought it might be easier to work with the coastline if I enclosed it.
Using v.digit, I ran a line from the end point of the coastline, around the
perimeter of the map tile and connected it to the other end point of the
coastline.  When I ran v.support for the coast file, I got the warning
"Unclosed area, free end or edge inside area:  line 3790."  I went back into
v.digit, clicked on T for tools and "o" to display open lines.  It
highlighted the lines I had drawn to enclose the ocean.

I was wondering what I did wrong and if there is a way to make it work?

Kurt