[GRASSLIST:6201] Re: raster error on r.in.gdal

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed May 7 13:29:03 EDT 2003

Kirk R. Wythers wrote:
> I am slowly working through a series of errors as I try and get a raster
> file imported and displayed in grass. Now that I have the gdal library
> installed (I used r.in.gdal -o input=/home/kwythers/tmp/DRG1644.TIF
> output=drg1644, to read this in) I am on the next error:
>
> Warning 1: /home/kwythers/tmp/DRG1644.TIF:wrong data type 2 for
> "GeoKeyDirectory"; tag ignored
> WARNING: G_set_window(): Illegal latitude for North
>
> Does this mean that I incorrectly specified the coordinates for the
> location?

Kirk,

This would appear to mean that the "geo" portion of the geotiff info in
the file in question is corrupt.  It may actually be the file, or it might
be that the geotiff library was built improperly somehow.  Can you make
the DRG file available somewhere I could download it and check it myself?

Best regards,