[GRASSLIST:6225] .sh file?

Erika K. Crosse eyreka at mac.com
Thu May 8 16:29:34 EDT 2003

This my sound rather simple on my part but I've downloaded the
OpenOSX-Additions-Grass-5.0.2.tar.bz2,
grass5.0.2_powerpc-darwin6.5_bin.tar.bz, and
grass5_powerpc-apple-darwin6.5_install.sh files. Though I've examined
its contents I am unsure of the .sh script.  For example, it contains
the (uncommented) line "Usage:  sh grass5install.sh
grass_binpackage.tar.bz2 [dest_dir] [bin_dir]" though there is no
grass_binpackage.tar.bz2 package.

Forgive me but I'm not use to UNIX installations other than fink or GUI
installer packages.  I currently have GRASS 5.0.1 installed via the
OpenOSX CD  and updater in /usr/local/grass5/ plus the file grass5 in
/usr/bin/ .  I recently upgraded my PostgreSQL by downloading
postgresql-7.3.2.tar.gz to /usr/local/src/postgres--my first UNIX app
installation without using an installer.  Should these binaries and the
script be placed in and run from ... /src/grass5/  or
/usr/local/grass5/ with existing installation.

Sorry if this is long winded but if someone could give me a little
direction it would be much appreciated.

Erika C.