[GRASSLIST:32] Re: mapset creation (and can't search archives?)

Kirk R. Wythers kwythers at umn.edu
Thu May 15 09:47:59 EDT 2003

If I read the man page correctly (always a big if), g.gisenv will only
do me any good once I have the MAPSET created. My first problem is the
under the LOCATION I made, I have only one MAPSET (PERMANENT). I want to
create several MAPSETS, but I can't find how to simply create a new
MAPSET.

Here's a scheme of what I'm looking to do:

LOACATION				n_mn

MAPSETS		PERMANENT	lake_access	acquisition_survey	timber_survey

So... I think what I'm after is under the directory
~/grassdata/locations

I want the directories: lake_access, acquisition_survey, timber_survey

Can I simply use mkdir to create them, then use g.copy to move data into
them?

Kirk

--
Kirk R. Wythers			Department of Forest Resources
Tel: 612.625.2261		University of Minnesota